Friday 3 May 2013

The Perfect Pint

The first day that my family was here we walked around Dublin and saw the sights. Of course the most important attraction was the Guinness factory! As you walk into the “tourist” part of the factory you feel like you walked into a different word. The tour is self-guided and very interactive. You could spend hours upon hours there reading all the signs and experiencing the elements that go into a Guinness. There is even a waterfall in the middle of the tour that depicts the pour water they use. As we are going through the tour of course my dad is the one stopping at every single sign and reading in depth what it says. On the other hand my little sister is practically running through this tour so she can get to the end where they give a free half pint of Guinness. My family did not want to leave that tasting room! Everyone in the Rochon family and of course Allison fell in love with the Irish beer. We even went to their academy where we learned how to pour the perfect pint. There is a lot more to pouring this beer than I originally thought. There is a lot of science and math involved. And let me say I passed this course with flying colors! As we drank our perfectly poured pints we ventured up to the observatory. Here all of the walls are glass windows so you are able to look out and see the entire city of Dublin. This is one of my favorite views in the city. It is like looking from the Empire state building into NYC, just not that tall! I could spend hours up there drinking Guinness and looking at the city that I love so much. And I am glad that I could experience it with my family J




Pouring the perfect pint :)

We graduated!!!! 

View from the top with of course a Guinness in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment