Thursday 11 April 2013

Street Art Galore!


I have always wanted to see meaningful street art. Not the graffiti that you see on the side of buildings but paintings that stand for something that is more than a gang sign or Harry <3 Sally. When you walk down the streets of Berlin you feel like there is a museum of art surrounding you. On every corner there is an amazing piece of art work. When my friends and I visited the Anne Frank museum we had to pass through an ally way that was covered from the ground to the sky in art in all different forms. It was awe inspiring. Then a few days later, we visited the East Side Gallery. It is part of the wall that still stands and stretches over 1.3 km of land. On one side there are beautiful murals that have been painted by people all around the world. Then on the other side it has graffiti words. If you look hard enough you will find me and a few friends initials on that wall. WE SIGNED THE BERLIN WALL! I would rather show you the paintings and have them speak for themselves than have me babble on about how amazing they are.





Our initials on the wall :)















No comments:

Post a Comment